Support and Resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the Territory sport community and continues to impact other jurisdictions in Australia with differeing levels of severity.
For ongoing assistance and support there are services and resources available to help.
Taking care of your emotional health during an emergency will help you think clearly and react to the urgent needs to protect yourself and your family.
You can find out more about self care on the coronavirus website.
Mental health support services
There are a variety of mental health support services available.
View a listing of support services for mental health on the NT Government website.
You can call the below organisations for 24-hour support:
There are existing avenues for people to stay engaged with sport and invest their time in meaningful ways. In ways that build on their knowledge to benefit themselves and their sports community, when we emerge from this crisis.
The following online training packages and courses are available for free.
Illicit Drugs In Sport
Illicit Drugs In Sport education for athletes, coaches and administrators courses at the Australian Government's Illicit Drugs in Sport website.
Australian Sport Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) Level 1 and 2 Anti-doping education for athletes and coaches at the ASADA eLearning website.
Member Protection Information Officer training
Member Protection Information Officer online training for club personnel at the Play by the Rules website.
Let Kids Be Kids course
This course helps:
- identify the motivations for kids' participation in sport
- identify what poor behaviour at kids' sport is
- you to take actions that reduce instances of poor adult behaviour at kids' sport
- you to take actions that discover and incorporate the views of children and young people when it comes to their sport experience.
Visit the Let kids be kids mini course on the Play by the Rules website.
Introduction to the Integrity of Sport course
This course details:
- what integrity in sport means
- the main integrity issues facing grassroots sport today
- what policies and protections exist that prevent integrity issues occurring
- reflect on how integrity issues can occur and why integrity matters in sport.
Visit the Introduction to the Integrity of Sport mini course on the Play by the Rules website.
Ethics and ethical decision making in sport
This course details:
- reflection on concepts such as rules, sportsmanship, fair play and the ‘spirit of sport’
- what the key ethical approaches are
- what ethics are and how they relate to our values, principles, purpose and morals
- how to apply the ethical decision making framework to ethical dilemmas in sport.
Visit the Ethical Decision Making mini course on the Play by the Rules website.
Last updated: 13 October 2020
Share this page: