The Sport Integrity Unit leads the coordination and monitoring of strategy, policy and programs to address the issues of drugs in sport, member protection, safeguarding children and match fixing activities.
Northern Territory Sport Integrity Unit functions
The functions of the Northern Territory Sport Integrity Unit are to:
- provide information and awareness initiatives that encourage Territorians involved in sport to uphold the principles of fairness, inclusion, respect, responsibility and safety
- provide advice and work with individual sports to ensure a robust integrity framework is adopted, minimizing opportunities for criminal groups to infiltrate
- strengthen relationships and cooperation between State and Territory governments, regulators, NT Peak Sporting Bodies (PSBs), law enforcement and other agencies
- establish and manage the Sport Integrity Network, as a forum through which PSB members share strategic leadership on Territory sport integrity issues
- develop and manage the Sport Integrity Action Plan, inclusive of the anti-doping education strategy for PSBs.
- support sport and the wider community by providing online education and resources through the NT Sport Integrity Toolkit
- undertake research and provide information to support effective approaches to protect the integrity of Territory sport
Northern Territory Sport Integrity Action Plan
The NT Sport Integrity Action Plan identifies four key action areas to proactively build the capability of sports in the Territory. It aims to mitigate integrity risks through heightened awareness and enable sports to respond quickly and decisively when such instances occur.
Sport Integrity Toolkit
The Sport Integrity Toolkit contains important information, resources and links to assist athletes, coaches, administrators, clubs and NT Peak Sporting Bodies.
Sport Integrity eBook
The Sport Integrity eBook is a guide to assist with sport integrity issues. Topics include match-fixing, doping, illicit drugs, supplements and member protection, along with key Australian agencies for further education and training.
Further assistance contact:
(08) 8922 6816
Last updated: 04 November 2019
Share this page: