Officiating development and NTIS programs
NTIS high performance officiating program
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) will provide opportunities and encourages officials from the Northern Territory (NT) to aspire to and achieve high level national and international standards of officiating within their sport. By bringing officials and mentors together from various NT sports it will encourage and engage with each other to stimulate development of themselves and NT officials in general.
2021 Nominations are closed
The 2021 High Performance Officiating Program nominations were closed on 19 October 2020.
Nominations must be received via Peak Sporting Bodies using the online form as prescribed in the guidelines.
The HPOP is a key strategy of the NTIS Coaching and Officiating Operational Plan to build capacity for higher achieving officials and sustainability through the Northern Territory Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB) engaging in the development of HPOP officials.
The key objectives of High Performance Officiating Program are:
- Assisting officials to achieve higher levels of accreditation;
- Officials being appointed to higher levels of competition within their sport;
- Officials and mentors contributing back to the NT sporting community;
- Development of officiating mentors within sports; and
- Shaping PSB’s officiating development programs by exampling better practice.
The HPOP will provide development opportunities to targeted officials and mentors, and build the capacity of PSB’s officiating pathways via:
- Upgrading of the officials accreditation/qualifications accreditation/qualifications;
- Participation in professional development activities (e.g. attendance at seminars, exposure to high level officiating and related debriefings);
- The development and implementation of long term high performance officiating development pathways and initiatives, by participating PSB’s;
- Facilitated exchange of information and expertise between officials, through targeted activities and forums, that will create an elite network of officials not only within each sport, but across sport;
- Support to attend and gain experience at high level competitions;
- Engagement in formal mentor/mentee relationships; and
- The provision of a development program for mentors of the HPOP.
2021 High Performance Officiating Program Officials
The selected officials for 2021 are:
- BMX NT – Sue Sinclair
- Golf NT– Amy Griesbach
- Hockey NT – Ayla Carne
- Netball NT – Carly Ross
- Touch Football NT – Wayne Lo
- Yachting NT – Kelly Wilson
The selected mentors for 2021 are:
- BMX NT – Daniel Shean
- Golf NT – Peter Wright
- Hockey NT – Stephen Versteegh
- Netball NT – Ruth Kirk
- Touch Football NT – Nathan McDonald
- Yachting NT – Jennifer Roe
The High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) relies upon a formal mentoring relationship agreement that is mutually beneficial for each HPOP official and mentor. The HPOP official will be required to work with a mentor for the duration of 2021.
If you would like to get involved in mentoring through the High Performance Officiating Program please contact the Coaching and Officiating Consultant.
For more information on Officiating contact:
Last updated: 04 March 2021
Share this page: