Officiating development and NTIS programs
NTIS high performance officiating program
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) will provide opportunities and encourages officials from the Northern Territory (NT) to aspire to and achieve high level national and international standards of officiating within their sport. By bringing officials and mentors together from various NT sports it will encourage and engage with each other to stimulate development of themselves and NT officials in general.
The HPOP is a key strategy of the NTIS Coaching and Officiating Operational Plan to build capacity for higher achieving officials and sustainability through the Northern Territory Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB) engaging in the development of HPOP officials.
The key objectives of HPOP are:
- Assisting officials to achieve higher levels of accreditation;
- Officials being appointed to higher levels of competition within their sport;
- Officials and mentors contributing back to the NT sporting community;
- Development of officiating mentors within sports; and
- Shaping PSB’s officiating development programs by exampling better practice.
The HPOP will provide development opportunities to targeted officials and mentors, and build the capacity of PSB’s officiating pathways via:
- Upgrading of the officials accreditation/qualifications accreditation/qualifications;
- Participation in professional development activities (e.g. attendance at seminars, exposure to high level officiating and related debriefings);
- The development and implementation of long term high performance officiating development pathways and initiatives, by participating PSB’s;
- Facilitated exchange of information and expertise between officials, through targeted activities and forums, that will create an elite network of officials not only within each sport, but across sport;
- Support to attend and gain experience at high level competitions;
- Engagement in formal mentor/mentee relationships; and
- The provision of a development program for mentors of the HPOP.
The High Performance Officiating Program (HPOP) relies upon a formal mentoring relationship agreement that is mutually beneficial for each HPOP official and mentor. The HPOP official will be required to work with a mentor for the duration of 2019.
If you would like to get involved in mentoring through the High Performance Officiating Program please contact the Coaching and Officiating Consultant.
2020 High Performance Officiating Program
The selected officials for 2020 are:
- NT BMX – Alex Thomas
- NT Rugby Union – Brett Mullen
- Tennis NT – Greg Dickson
- Netball NT – Ruth Kirk
- Football Federation NT – Jacintha Misob
- NT Cricket – Imran Muhammad
- Yachting NT – Ed Vincent
The selected mentors for 2020 are:
- NT BMX – Claire Ford
- NT Rugby Union – Steven Frost
- Tennis NT – Leanne Usher
- Netball NT – Kylie Bell
- Football Federation NT – Claire Matthews
- NT Cricket – Rizwan Muhammad
- Yachting NT – Joy Eggenhuizen
For more information on Officiating contact:
Last updated: 14 February 2020
Share this page: