Officiating development and NTIS programs
Officiating in sport
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport coordinates a number of programs, and services to:
- Assist NT Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB's) in the development of NT Officials
- Provide advice and support to PSB's
- Promote the importance and value of officiating to the greater community
- Develop officiating coaches/educators/mentors
- Connecting officiating stakeholders across the NT
Officials are an integral part of sports. PSB’s need to develop their officials via education, training, coaching and mentoring. An official’s main purpose is for a fair, safe and enjoyable environment for all participants.
NTIS officiating development program
The NTIS Officiating Development Program is available to NT Peak Sporting Bodies.
In the 2020-21 financial year, there are two rounds of funding. Round 1 opens on 1 September 2020 and round 2 opening on 1 February 2021.
The Program has two funding categories:
Category 1: Officiating Coaches/Educators
Category 2: Accreditation Courses and Competitions
Applications for Category 1: Officiating Coaches/Educators are a higher priority for funding.
The 2020-21 guidelines are currently being reviewed and will be available online closer to the Round 1 opening date.
Applications are submitted through GrantsNT.
Development program objectives
- Strengthen sport organisations to assess, coach and educate other NT officials
- To improve the skills, knowledge and experience of accredited officials in the NT
- To increase the number of higher qualified officials practising in the NT
For more information on Officiating contact:
Last updated: 11 February 2020
Share this page: