Sport and Active Recreation Sector COVID Response Working Group
A COVID Response Working Group has been established to provide strategic and practical advice, informing the Department on response and recovery opportunities to ensure a launching pad is in place so the sector can rebound strongly.
The Working Group is made up of 11 members, plus an Independent chair.
The Department will also support the Working Group through secretariat duties.
- Ross Coburn, former Chair AFLNT (Chair)
- Bruce Stalder, CEO Football NT
- Claire Hall, NT Club Services Officer, Australian Sailing
- Debbie Holland, President, Riding for the Disabled Top End
- Gary Pendlebury, President, Motorsports NT
- Jayde Martin, Executive Director, Gymnastics NT
- Joel Morrison, CEO, NT Cricket
- John Mitchell, CEO, Basketball NT
- Sam Gibson, General Manager, Tennis NT
- Stuart Totham, CEO, AFLNT
- Suzi Hullick, National Manager of Indigenous Business at Westpac Bank
- Tamie Needham, CEO, NT Rubgy Union
The Working Group members aim to:
- represent the sporting and active recreation community, to ‘take the pulse’ of the sector and community sentiment in responding to the pandemic and associated effects
- capture the best thinking and ideas in response to the pandemic
- provide advice on practical and pragmatic actions that can be taken to further assist organisations to deal with the current pandemic and the effects on their organisation.
Term and frequency
Membership is until 30 November 2020, with the possibility of an extension.
The first meeting will take place as soon as possible and the frequency will be determined by the members and chair at the first meeting.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference outlines the purpose, intent and responsibilities of the Working Group.
View a copy of the terms of reference:
Last updated: 09 December 2020
Share this page: