Sport Surfaces and Sewerage Stimulus Package

A number of peak sporting organisations and sporting clubs are required to contribute directly to, or meet the full cost of water to keep turf playing surfaces in suitable playing condition. In addition there can be fixed costs for sewerage that some organisations are required to meet.

One-off funding applications are invited from sporting organisation’s that are directly accountable for the payment of costs associated with the watering of turf ovals/fields and/or payment of fixed sewerage costs.

The SSS Stimulus Package is to support the following key objectives:

  • Objective 1: Offsetting water costs associated with watering sport turf surfaces (i.e. ovals and fields), excluding general building water costs; and/or
  • Objective 2: Offsetting fixed sewerage costs associated with a sporting facility.

Funding available

Up to $20,000 per organisation in total.

What can be funded

Funding can be applied for offsetting:

  • Fixed sewerage costs for the period of 1 April 2020 to 31 August 2020; and/or
  • Water costs associated with the watering of sport turf surfaces, excluding general building water costs (e.g. showers and toilets).

Key dates

Applications are open and close on Wednesday 20 May 2020 at 2pm.

Before you apply

Before you apply, you should:

  • contact the Department for assistance, to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements of this category
  • read the guidelines before applying for any funding.

Sport and Active Recreation Response and Resilience package guidelines PDF (245.8 KB)
Sport and Active Recreation Response and Resilience package guidelines DOCX (188.7 KB)

How to apply

All applications must be submitted online at

More information

For more information contact

Caleb Johnston
Phone: 08 8982 2310

Last updated: 18 May 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.