What Federal Government funding is available?
Australia Council Resilience Fund
The Australia Council Resilience Fund of approximately $5 million, has been created for artists and arts organisations to support their livelihoods, practice and operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2020 Resilience Fund includes three streams:
- Survive - small grants for individuals, groups and organisations to offset or recoup financial losses due to cancelled activity.
- Adapt - grants for individuals, groups and organisations to adapt their practice and explore new operating models.
- Create - grants for individuals, groups and organisations to continue to create artistic work and develop creative responses in a time of disruption.
Applications for the Resilience Fund quick response opportunities open on Friday 3 April 2020. Information will be available at the Australia Council website www.australiacouncil.gov.au from the same date.
Under the JobKeeper Payment, businesses impacted by the COVID-19 will be able to access a subsidy from the Government to continue paying their employees. Affected employers will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1 500 per eligible employee from 30 March 2020, for a maximum period of six months. Please refer to https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/jobkeeper-payment for further information.
For any staff that may be looking for work or doing approved studies, the JobSeeker Payment can assist with individuals who are:
- between 22 and the Age Pension age;
- have an income that is under the test limits; and
- meet residence rules.
To review the full conditions visit https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/job-seekers
Last updated: 06 April 2020
Share this page: