What Federal Government funding is available?

Australia Council Resilience Fund

The Australia Council Resilience Fund of approximately $5 million, has been created for artists and arts organisations to support their livelihoods, practice and operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2020 Resilience Fund includes three streams:

  • Survive - small grants for individuals, groups and organisations to offset or recoup financial losses due to cancelled activity.
  • Adapt - grants for individuals, groups and organisations to adapt their practice and explore new operating models.
  • Create - grants for individuals, groups and organisations to continue to create artistic work and develop creative responses in a time of disruption.

Applications for the Resilience Fund quick response opportunities open on Friday 3 April 2020. Information will be available at the Australia Council website www.australiacouncil.gov.au from the same date.

JobKeeper Payment

Under the JobKeeper Payment, businesses impacted by the COVID-19 will be able to access a subsidy from the Government to continue paying their employees. Affected employers will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1 500 per eligible employee from 30 March 2020, for a maximum period of six months. Please refer to https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business/jobkeeper-payment for further information.

Job seekers

For any staff that may be looking for work or doing approved studies, the JobSeeker Payment can assist with individuals who are:

  • between 22 and the Age Pension age;
  • have an income that is under the test limits; and
  • meet residence rules.

To review the full conditions visit https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/job-seekers

Last updated: 06 April 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.