About NTAS image collections
The Northern Territory Archives Service collections include many photographic images.
These images can be found across community and government archives within our holdings.
If you would like to explore the collections further contact the reference staff at the NTAS.
You can also read the Images in the Northern Territory Archives Collections information leaflet.
The links below go to pages with a selection of photographs from the archives collection:
- the selection of images from the NTAS includes a sample of photographs held at the NTAS
- selection from the John Armstrong England Collection - these images mostly relate to the appointment of the Northern Territory (NT) Government in 1978. John England was Administrator for the Northern Territory at the time the NT Government was appointed
- the Evolution of Darwin - the NTAS holds many collections which include photographs and slides capturing scenes and sites in and around the city of Darwin, from its earliest days until the present
- Life in the Top End for defense personnel during the Second World War features photographs and extracts of oral history interview transcripts relating to the Second World War in the Northern Territory of Australia
- selected images of Darwin Harbour that focus on swimming baths and shipping in the harbour, including excerpts from oral history interviews from the NTAS collections.
Last updated: 28 November 2017