Expression of Interest
PORTRAIT OF A SENIOR TERRITORIAN AWARD AND EXHIBITION COORDINATION
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 16 JULY 5PM
Arts NT, Department of Tourism and Culture seek expressions of interest (EOI) from individuals/organisations to manage the Portrait of a Senior Territorian Award and exhibition (PoAST) to be held from 12-19 October 2018. The event will be coordinated in liaison with Department of Tourism and Culture agency, Arts NT.
Fundingof $28,080 is available to deliver the Award and exhibition which must include:
administration, coordinator/curator, awards, judges, sitters and installation. Marketing and communications expenses (as per approved communications plan) will be met by the Department of Tourism and Culture.
A schedule, work plan, communications plan and project budget will be provided on commencement. The project budget references fees that are aligned to the National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA) Code of Practice 2017.
- Flexible working hours
- Start: Tuesday 17 July 2018 (negotiable)
- Finish: Friday 26 October 2018
The Curator/Producer will manage all aspects of the Portrait of a Senior Territorian Award and Exhibition including:
- Written and verbal communications with key stakeholders, participating artists and contractors
- Assistance with delivery of the opening event
- Oversee exhibition installation (including wall labels) and deinstall
- Contractor and supplier management and payment
- Coordinate award winners payments
- Receipt, assessment and documentation of all entry artworks
- Collate information for the exhibition catalogue
- Coordinate judging panel
- Coordinate media and marketing collateral in liaison with Arts NT
- Secure and coordinate exhibition sitters
- Coordinate insurance of artworks during exhibition and freight (if applicable)
- Coordinate pickup and/or and packing and freight of sold and unsold artworks
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in coordinating and producing a public exhibition of artworks.
- Proven experience in dealing with a wide range of clients from various backgrounds.
- Proven ability to effectively manage workloads in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
The Portrait of a Senior Territorian Art Award originally commenced as a one off event to celebrate the International Year of the Older Person in 1999 and has grown into an annual acquisition award that showcases the artistic talents of Northern Territory artists through their representations of our senior residents. The Portrait of a Senior Territorian Award and exhibition recognises Senior Territorians, lives, histories and contributions to the Territory and all of the winning portraits are acquired for display at Government House in Darwin.
Opening night sees the announcement of the winners of the first prize $7,000 Acquisition Award, the second prize of $2,000 and the third prize of $500, chosen by an esteemed panel of judges. The People’s Choice Prize of $1000 is determined through votes from the public submitted across the exhibition period.
To submit an Expression of Interest
- Complete all sections in the form which can be downloaded here .
- Include and label all attachments
- Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 16 July 2018
For more information
Renita Glencross, Manager of Arts Policy and Projects T: (08) 8999 5257E: email@example.com
Last updated: 10 May 2019